Preparing For A Sale
You've found your next dream home for you and your family. The deal closes soon and the current house you have is up for sale. Buying a new home while selling an existing one can be an exhausting process. However, we are happy to provide some great tips to help make your home the best it can be for potential buyers that may view it - whether online or in person during a showing. Take a gander below at suggestions we swept up that apply both our extensive experience in the industry and research we conducted online and elsewhere.
10 Ways to Prep Your Home for Sale
- Improve your landscaping. Curb appeal is crucial to a good first impression, so make sure your home's lawn is immaculate. Mow the lawn, prune the bushes, weed the garden and plant flowers.
- Clean the outside. A sloppy exterior will make buyers think you've slacked off on interior maintenance as well. Be sure to clean the gutters and pressure wash your home's siding.
- Make repairs. In a buyer's market, you want your home to be in the best condition possible. Take care of major defects like broken windows or a leaky roof that could discourage buyers.
- Make the front door inviting. A fresh coat of paint, especially in a color that contrasts with the home, will make the front door stand out. Replace faded house numbers so buyers can see them from the curb.
- Buy a new welcome mat. Let buyers know they're invited into your home.
- Remove clutter and depersonalize. Buyers want to envision their belongings in your home. Clean up by renting a storage unit for knickknacks, photos, extra furniture and other personal items.
- Organize closets and drawers. Messy closets give the appearance that your home doesn't have enough storage space.
- Make every surface shine. From ceiling fans to floors and everything in between, clean your home until it sparkles.
- Take color down a notch. You might like your lime-green bedroom, but it may sour buyers. Paint your walls a neutral color that will appeal to a wide range of buyers.
- Eliminate bad odors. Hide the litter box and spray air neutralizer throughout your home. When showing the home, fill it with inviting smells by putting out fresh flowers and baking a batch of cookies.
Search For Your Next Home Here!
Other Seller's Topics Of Interests